In my first three years of blogging, I have gone through epic blogging lulls of laziness. I have abandoned my poor blog for far too long, too many times. Sometimes I’m busy. Sometimes I’m brainstorming. Sometimes I’m just lazy. Let’s be real.
As a lazy girl (who has come up with plenty of excuses), I would like to present a guide to blogging for all the lazy girls out there:
1. Brainstorm tons of ideas, but don’t write them down. It’s like a game. The “Will I remember that brilliant idea in half an hour?” game. Guess what? You will lose basically 99.999% of the time. But it’s fun to test your memory skills.
2. Watch YouTube videos for inspiration. Too many videos. Wait, it’s midnight? Aw man, I should go to bed. I’ll blog tomorrow.
By the way, here are some of my favorite blog channels to watch instead of blogging:
–Jenna Marbles (classic, of course)
3. Why not tweet at one of your favorite YouTubers? Spent too much time crafting a witty tweet. Become too happy when said YouTuber favorites said tweet, and follows you on Twitter.
4. Thinking about writing a blog post? Why not take a walk instead? It will not only help with brainstorming, but you will also forget all your ideas along your walk, and you’ll forget your plans to blog anyway.
5. Make yourself busy. Friends, work, school, and other activities are obviously time-consuming. Blogging is just something else to do. Don’t worry, you’ll get back to it. Eventually.
6. Spread the word that you’re making a comeback. Tweet it, Instagram it, Facebook it, tell your friends.
7. Now you have to stick to your word. No more procrastinating.
8. Drink coffee. Lots of coffee. Don’t like coffee? Yes you do. No, you do. You like coffee.
9. Write like you’ve never written before. You’ve got this. When in doubt, include more pictures. People like pictures.
10. Refer back to this list the next time you’re going through the cycle of laziness. You’re not alone. Trust me.