Fellow WordPress bloggers, are you as obsessed with following your stats as I am? Sure, that’s not why we blog, but it sure gives you a rush. Seeing the numbers of your traffic increase (hopefully) is one of many reasons to keep blogging, knowing that people are reading your words.
For me, one of the coolest features is seeing the countries my viewers are from. I’ve had traffic from countries I’ve never heard of, and countries I’ve dreamed of visiting. Maybe that’s why I always loved playing “Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego” as a kid. Since I’m so interested in culture and hope to travel more in my future, I decided to compile a list of the top ten countries that visit my blog. And maybe this will now be my Bucket List of countries to visit. Drumroll, please. And the winners are…
1. United States–This is obviously number one because it’s the country I am from, and English is its native language. I’ve been to several states within my home country, but I’d love to see all 50 one day.
2. Australia–In the middle of winter where I live, I sure would love a vacation to Australia right about now!
3. United Kingdom–I love British accents, British literature, and the history of the United Kingdom. I’d love to see some theatre, meet awesome people, and see the sights. Any followers in England wanna take this girl shopping in London? 🙂
4. Canada–The scenery of Canada looks so beautiful, and being from Midwestern America, Canada isn’t that far away. I’d especially love to see Niagara Falls.
5. India–It’s fascinating how many various countries view my blog. I find the Indian culture beautiful and fascinating because it’s so different from my culture.
6. Spain–I studied Spainsh, and have always wanted to travel to Spain one day. I would love to explore many cities in Spain. The history, culture, food, and music interests me.
7. Austria–I sure wouldn’t mind visiting this place. Look at how beautiful it is!
8. Netherlands–I know that the Netherlands has delicious chocolate. I am a chocoholic, so I think I should pay this country a visit for that reason alone…
9. Germany–Who wouldn’t want to live in a castle in Germany? Maybe I’ve watched too many Disney movies. But a girl can dream.
10. Greece–I’m so excited that Greece is in the ten ten countries that visit my blog! I’ve been there once, and would love to go back. It’s a beautiful country.
Thanks to all my viewers from around the world! And to fellow bloggers, where are your viewers from? Any surprising countries?